03 April 2008

The Curse of being a Writer

So I never really understood why whenever I read about writers, they almost always seem to be the type that write late into the night. The past few days I have begun to realize why. Even if I write during the day (or even if I don't), as soon as I lay down to go to sleep, all these ideas start buzzing through my mind - ideas of stories to write, of different ways of writing stories. Tonight I had so much going on that I gave up, and thought I needed to write something before I'll be able to actually go to sleep. So I am hoping that this will help...

The cool thing is all the ideas, how they just keep coming, and I keep on thinking of things from different angles, but this also interferes with the falling asleep process, so that is not so cool. I have really been wanting to wake up earlier. I got little sleep the night before last, and so stayed up all day yesterday with no nap so I could go to bed early and wake up earlier this morning. It worked fairly well, but it would be a waste if it only lasted one day. So I am hoping I can put on a movie and that will keep my mind occupied enough that it will not buzz with ideas, good as they are. I need my SLEEP!

No comments: